San Francesco Vineyard
San Francesco della Vigna is the oldest urban vineyard in Venice. In the complex of San Francesco della Vigna there are three cloisters, two are used as a vegetable garden and vineyard, while in the third rainwater is collected, which is then used to irrigate the vineyards. Today the wine produced by the vineyard is called Harmonia Mundi. The proceeds from the bottles sold (about a thousand) are used to finance scholarships for students of the Institute of Ecumenical Studies of the Faculty of Theology present in the complex. The wine produced starting from the 2019 vintage will be under the Santa Margherita brand. The work of the friars in the vineyard will be followed and coordinated by the technicians of Santa Margherita, to achieve optimal management and an excellent harvest. Santa Margherita has also taken on the task of supervising the complete restoration of the Chapel of San Marco, also within the complex. The Chapel is in fact in a state of almost abandonment and the last restoration dates back to 1885.